last year i submitt a letter of complaint about what my father experience in applying passport, now i want to share my experience too.. I felt disappointed and shameful about the process of renewing passport.i am ofw currently working at saudi arabia at armed forces king abdulaziz naval base jubail ksa, i am here at manila since nov.3, 2017 and will finish my vacation on nov.

25, 2017, my passport will expire november 2018 so i tried to renew it at dfa town center alabang, but i was been rejected at the information and ask to go to poea or at main office. For some reason that my exit/ re-entry visa issued by my company is arabic, my contract copy has no stamp by polo. so i ask to refer me to oic or any manager that i can talk to,so i wait and refer to the oic but was been disappointed too that even i show her my visa copy and translate it to her because there are english numbers at the side, my passport stamped of my entry here at the philippines, my employment contract, my ticket copy of returning back and whats funny she asked for a resident permit in saudi arabia which no way to issue in english.they dont accept my exit re entry visa in arabic and she ask more arabic documents but still i show her picture of it, because i worked in 2 different government hospital and neither of them are allowing to bring our equama to philippines, the oic told me that i am the only one cannot provide original equama. To make story short since i have all documents.even she make me feel im lying.

She told me she will process but no assurance i can bring it with me back to saudi, regular processing is 7 days so confusing 20 days still not enough? she gave me words discouraging me not to renew my passport that they cant finish it in 20 days. maybe yes and maybe no. And encourage me to go to main office.so this is so disappointing, that as an ofw with complete evidence has experience this kind of treatment.

Its not my fault if they are not familiar with the documents my company issued, They should be more considerate to ofw with limited days of vacation.. bad system..

Comments